FilmoraGo User Guide
Thank you for your interest in Wondershare FilmoraGo – a trendy video editing app that helps you bring your creativity into life with ease.
To get started with FilmoraGo, here’s a step-by-step guide for your information:
Get familiar with the interface of FilmoraGo:
This is the first page you’ll see when you launch the FilmoraGo app.
It shows some activity banners, featured stickers and recent projects. The entrance to the membership center is in the upper left corner, while the entrance of user guide and settings are in the upper right corner. At the bottom of the page, you can choose to create a new project, open the camera, or get to the stock store.
2. Work Area
When you import a video or open a recent project, you will enter the following work area.
There are Preview Window, Timeline Panel, and Toolbar:
- Preview Window shows the video in the Timeline. There's a Play button right below that you can use to control the play or pause of the video. If you want to preview the video in full screen, tap the Full Screen button in the lower right of the preview window.
- Timeline Panel is where you assemble the media and effects for your video project. Right in the middle is the position of the playhead. You can drag the video footage to make the playhead stay on a specific frame in the video.
- Toolbar provides all the essential tools you need. You can choose to trim the video, add music, text, stickers, filters and effects to video, or adjust the video.
There are three methods to create a new project in FilmoraGo.
Method 1. Create a new project with videos or photos on your phone
1. Tap the “+ NEW PROJECT” button on the homepage and select “+ New” in the pop-up menu.
2. Select the videos or photos you need for your project, then hit the “IMPORT” button at the bottom to import these media files.
When the import is complete, the new project is created successfully.
Method 2. Create a new project with templates
FilmoraGo provides some practical and beautiful templates to help you complete the video production faster. To create a new project with these templates, you can follow these steps:
1. Tap the “+ NEW PROJECT” button on the homepage and select “Template” in the pop-up menu.
2. Choose a template you like on the Templates page, then you’ll see a demo video showing what the video looks like if you apply this template.
3. Tap the Select button at the bottom to confirm applying the template.
4. Follow the prompts to select the footages needed by the template, and then tap “GO” to go ahead.
At this point, the new project is created. And you can proceed to edit the footages in the template.
Method 3. Create a new project with camera
If you want to shoot a video directly and edit it with FilmoraGo, this method is more suitable for you.
1. Tap the Camera button on the homepage.
2. Tap the Record button to start the video recording. If you are using iPhone XR or above model, you can even choose to film with two lenses simultaneously with the MultiCam.
3. Tap the Pause button when you finish recording.
4. Select “Use Video” to apply the video recorded, then a new project is created. You can also choose to reshoot a video by selecting “Retake”, or preview the video recorded by tapping the Play button.
That's all it takes to create a new project with FilmoraGo. But it’s only the first step in video creation. With a good start, we can move on to editing the video.